Wednesday, 29 April 2009

archive material



top: dead leaf, c1988 watercolour
bottom: dead leaf, c1997 ink and watercolour

What is it with the dead leaves? In 1988 I was using watercolour a lot, mostly producing architectural studies. I worked on a number of commissions for surveyors and others in Liverpool. In one instance, I worked from a posh board room in a grand building belonging to a big bank. It had a great view over the city, and I did two larger watercolour paintings for them.

I still had a love for the natural world, though, and enjoyed doing little studies like the dead leaves.

Ten years later, in 1997, I was preparing to do my Masters degree, and was working with realistic and semi-abstract forms from nature.

There is a load of work in between these two studies, and I hope to put some of it up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment